APG is putting on a production of
‘James and the Giant Peach Jr.’
The dates and times of the musical are:
Thursday, February 21 at 4:30 pm
Friday, February 22 at 7:00 pm
Suggested donation of $3 for students and $5 for adults
Kids under 5 years old are free
Bob Landis Auditorium
A.P. Giannini Middle School
3151 Ortega Street
We hope to see you there!
Shop any Sloat Garden Center from 2/8 through 2/17, mention APG at checkout and we will receive credit towards goods for our school garden. Thanks for your support!
Sloat Fundraiser for AP Giannini 2018-2019.pdf
It’s suddenly time to start registering for camps and planning for summer break! The official SFUSD calendars for the next two school years were approved at the Board of Education last week. Highlights are below, and you can view/download the complete calendars here: http://www.sfusd.edu/en/news/calendars/academic-calendar.html (only English for now – translations coming soon).
Key 2019–20 Dates
- First Day of School: Monday, August 19
- Labor Day: Monday, September 2
- Indigenous People’s Day/El Dia De La Raza: Monday, October 14
- Veterans Day: Monday, November 11
- Thanksgiving Recess: week of November 25–29
- Winter Break: weeks of December 23, 2019 – January 3, 2020
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day: Monday, January 20
- Lunar New Year: Friday, January 24
- Presidents’ Day: Monday, February 17
- Spring Break: week of March 30 – April 3
- Memorial Day: Monday, May 25
- Last Day of School: Tuesday, June 2
CALLING ALL APG FAMILIES: How should our city spend $181 million of the unexpected ERAF surplus? SFUSD has requested $60 million to fund the needs of public schools and honor the will of voters who passed the Living Wage for Educators Act last June.
The APG PTSA Board supports this request, and in turn we are asking our community to speak up in support of our schools – including paying the raises our teachers were promised. Here are three ways you can help:
- Today (takes 30 seconds): Sign this petition, showing the mayor and Board of Supervisors that you support allocating at least $60 million to our schools: http://bit.ly/FairShare4Ed
- This Sunday (1/27): Attend Supervisor Mar’s Budget Town Hall on Sunday, 10am–noon, at the Sunset Rec Center (2201 Lawton/29th): https://www.facebook.com/events/956499724551561
- Next Tuesday (1/29): Join the rally at City Hall on Tuesday, 4–6 pm: https://www.facebook.com/events/2008726509244990
Let’s do everything we can to support our kids, our schools, and our teachers. Thanks for considering!
Campus Overhaul Coming to A.P. Giannini Middle School
By Thomas K. Pendergast
Plans for rebuilding the A.P. Giannini Middle School are getting underway, using bond money and a state grant to modernize and upgrade the two-story, 160,882-square-foot building that sits at the corner of Ortega Street and 37th Avenue…
Click here to read more about the modernization and Amadeo Pietro Giannini